Re: [Evolution-hackers] [patch] fixed incorrect rfc2047 decode for CJKheader

On Tue, 2007-12-25 at 15:56 +0800, jacky wrote:
> But the problem describe below has not been solved.
> > 1) An encoded-word was divided into two line. This
> was
> > sent by dotProject v2.0.1 .
>
> As I seen this kind of email use quoted encode only,
> and header_decode_text() can get all encoded-words
> which is separated by SPACE, a simple solution is
> replace SPACE with '_'. In fact OpenWebmail do like
> this.
> But the problem is I must change the prototype of
> header_decode_text() to
> char *header_decode_text (char *in, size_t inlen, int
> ctext, const char *default_charset)
> Originality, it is
> char *header_decode_text (const char *in, size_t
> inlen, int ctext, const char *default_charset)
> Functions which call header_decode_text() must been
> changed too.
> Does anyone have better proposal?

It would be a bad idea to have header_decode_text() modify the original
string.

I highly suggest starting with GMime's g_mime_utils_header_decode_text()
implementation because it handles all the problems you've described.

Jeff