Re: [Evolution-hackers] [patch] fixed incorrect rfc2047 decode for CJKheader

Hi Jacky,

I've looked over your patch, but unfortunately it is unusable. The patch
is riddled with buffer overflows and incorrect logic.

What types of bugs are you actually trying to fix? What is it about CJK
messages in particular that are not getting decoded properly? Your email
was overly vague.

Your changes to e-iconv can probably be taken if I understand correctly
that GBK is a superset of gb2312 ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GBK ),
altho it would have been nice to have gotten some sort of link
explaining that with your original email (or via a ChangeLog entry) :)

Thanks,

Jeff

>>> jacky <gtkdict yahoo com cn> 12/23/07 10:09 AM >>>
Hi, all.

The rfc2047 decoder in libcamel can not decode some
CJK header correctly. Although some of them are not
correspond to RFC, but I need to decode it correctly
and I thought if evolution can display there email
correctly more people like it.

So I write a new rfc2047 decoder, and it's in the
patch. With the patch, libcamel can decode CJK header
correctly and evolution can display CJK header
correctly now. I had test it in my mailbox. My mailbox
has 2000 emails which were sent by evolution,
thunderbird, outlook, outlook express, foxmail, open
webmail, yahoo, gmail, lotus notes, etc. Without this
patch, almost 20% of there emails can't be decoded and
displayed correctly, with this patch, 99% of there
emails can be decoded and displayed correctly.

And I found that the attachment with CJK name can't be
recognised and displayed by outlook / outlook express
/ foxmail. This is because there email clients do not
support RFC2184. Evolution always use RFC2184 encode
mothod to encode attachment name, so the email with
CJK named attachment can't display in outlook /
outlook express / foxmail. In thunderbird, you can set
the option "mail.strictly_mime.parm_folding" to 0 or 1
for using RFC2047 encode mothod to encode attachment
name. Can we add a similar option?

Best regards.

雅虎邮箱传递新年祝福,个性贺卡送亲朋!
http://cn.mail.yahoo.com/gc/index.html?entry=5&souce=mail_mailletter_taglin