Re: [Evolution-hackers] future of evolution user docs.

Am Mittwoch, den 12.12.2007, 13:58 -0500 schrieb Matthew Barnes:
> On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 23:21 +0530, Srinivasa Ragavan wrote:
> > Frame files are the master copies here.

the master copy should be in svn, in a format that i can open && edit.
having it in on someone's personal computer in some company is not my
understanding of community software.

> > You think committing Frame files to svn would solve it? If so, I would
> > be happy to do that.

if novell buys a framemaker copy for every contributor who wants to edit
the evolution user docs, i can live with that workaround. ;-)
seriously: it won't solve your problem that any changes have to be
manually "backported" from the svn version to novell's file, and i guess
that could become a lot of work.

> > I'm open to propose a new tool to the doc team here for Evolution if
> > any. Definitely hand editing the entire doc file isn't going to be
> > easy.
> Agreed.  I'm a bit out of my element here.  Maybe Andre can chime in
> with some suggestions.  What tools does the GNOME documentation team
> use?  Surely we're beyond hand-editing XML files (/me hopes).
>
> Here's a few possibilities, but I don't much about them:
> http://wiki.docbook.org/topic/DocBookAuthoringTools

i'm also not a doc writer, i only know of emacs users, and that's most
likely not an option here. i've already asked for feedback on the
gnome-doc-list, but srini may of course also blog about it (we're so
web2.0y, aren't we?), explaining the issue and asking doc writers for
feedback...?

andre
--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed