Re: [Evolution-hackers] [Evolution] [evo2.8] Can't search everywhere in Addressbook, and can't sign with GPG anymore

On Mon, 2006-09-25 at 10:06 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:

> > perhaps libgnome-2.14 should be added to configure.in to clearly state
> > and check for the required versions of the libraries evolution depends
> > on. harish?
>
> Yes!  I've been going on about this for GLib and GTK+.  I think the jury
> is still out on what the policy is w.r.t. what versions of the libraries
> to support relative to the latest Evolution/GNOME release.  Harish?

Multiple releases/branches, distributions, support commitments,
upstream/downstream dependencies and GOALs - too many things to figure
it all alone inside my little head :-).

I will add a page on go-evolution.org to do a core dump on my
assumptions and invite each of the module hackers and friends of Evo to
review/comment and validate my thoughts.

Let us discuss this on Wednesday in our weekly irc meeting.

- Harish