Re: [Evolution-hackers] A plugin for remove attachments.

On Mon, 2006-10-23 at 01:06 +0800, Rex Tsai wrote:
>   I wrote a plugin for remove attachments from emails. You can
> download the source code from
> http://people.debian.org.tw/~chihchun/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/remove-attachments-0.0.1.tar.gz
>
>   If you are interesting about this plugin, I post some screen shots
> on my blog ( http://people.debian.org.tw/~chihchun/ )
> http://people.debian.org.tw/~chihchun/2006/10/23/remove-attachments-plugin-for-evolution-001/
>
>  You are free to modify this software, feedback is welcome. Thanks.

Hey Rex Tsai,

What would be very very interesting would be support for partial
retrieval of messages (from a POP and IMAP service), rather than
removing the mime parts afterwards.

I'm going to implement this (for tinymail) sooner or later. But if you
are interested in this, let me know.

For IMAP, check out RFC 3501, page 58 section 6.4.5. For example "FETCH
uid (BODY [1])" and BODY.PEEK. For POP I still have to read the RFCs a
little bit first.

I was planning to mark such messages and add some infrastructure around
the feature, so that it would be possible to retrieve the remainder (the
non body part) when it's needed by the E-mail client (lazily).

--
Philip Van Hoof, software developer
home: me at pvanhoof dot be