[Evolution-hackers] create_contact/modify_contact/remove_contacts problems

Hey all.  I'm implementing an e_book_backend and something is puzzling.  When *create_contact, *modify_contact, or *remove_contacts are called, my implementations call the appropriate e_book_backend API:

e_data_book_respond_create

or

e_data_book_respond_modify

or

e_data_book_respond_remove_contacts

BUT...even though my routine passes a successful GNOME_Evolution_Addressbook_CallStatus to these routines, the changes aren't seen in the Evolution UI.  If I hit the "clear" button in Evolution, then the changes appear.  Do I need to do something (other than call the *respond* APIs) to have the UI reflect the changes?

Thanks,

Scott