Re: [Evolution-hackers] Windows version status?

On må, 2006-05-08 at 11:46 +0100, Pejvan BEIGUI wrote:

> I have been following the Evolution mailing list for a while now, but
> I can't seem to find any information about the Windows port,
> mentionned here:
> http://go-evolution.org/Evo2.6#W32.2Fx64_porting    even though the
> 2.6 has now been released.

It's a wiki, you are free to add stuff there if you intend to help with
a port to 64-bit Windows, if that is what the rather cryptic mention on
that page means... I personally don't have any plans to port Evolution
to 64-bit Windows. (Well, actually, building *Evolution* for 64-bit
Windows would presumably not be a big deal at all, once all the
dependencies are in place. Hint: none of them, not even a suitable
compiler, are.)

> Is there any news about that port? Are there nightly builds available
> somewhere?

You mean the port to "normal" 32-bit Windows? Sure, that has been
available for quite some time already. There are binaries available on
the gnome ftp site, see
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/desktop/2.14/2.14.0/win32/README.evolution .

(No Win32 binaries of 2.14.1, unfortunately.) Once GNOME 2.14.2 (and
Evolution 2.6.2) is released I will upload fresh builds. There are no
nightly builds (of HEAD, you presumably mean?). I build HEAD of e-d-s
and Evolution (etc) only a couple of times a month to make sure the
Win32 support doesn't bitrot.

--tml