Re: [Evolution-hackers] Calendar backend: How do I make Evolution highlight dates containing an event?

Hi Chenthill,

On Fri, 2006-06-02 at 16:18 +0530, Chenthill wrote:
> Hi Jules,
>
> On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 14:51 +0200, Jules Colding wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 13:54 +0200, Jules Colding wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Normally days with some sort of event are highlighted in bold in the
> > > week view. The problem is that this highlighting does not happen for
> > > events that are originating from my calendar backend.
> > >
> > > What do I have to do to make the Evolution calendar UI highlight my
> > > backend events? The events are otherwise displayed as would be
> > > expected...
> >
> > Attempting to implement a few more methods revealed that the
> > get_object() method is responsible for this feature.
> Are the events appearing in the view ?

They are now, yes.

> Do you mean the date-navigator
> does not not highlight them ?

Exactly, that was the problem.

> The events are notified from the backend
> using e_cal_backend_notify_objects_created, and evolution calendar
> listens to the signal "objects_added" on the ECalView to get the objects
> created. Please make sure if the backend notifies the object creation to
> the client.

Actually I didn't do this either, but that fix was unrelated to the
problem of not highlighting cache-present events which was fixed by
implementing get_object().

Fixing the notifications made event appear/disappear as soon as they
were created/deleted in Outlook.

All fixes are in evolution-brutus-1.1.0 as released 5 minutes ago on the
evolution list.

Thanks,
  jules