Re: [Evolution-hackers] Camel in evolution-data-server, a different proposal

On Sat, 2006-07-22 at 12:04 +0200, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> I have customers and end-users that are building mobile devices that
> will *not* come with contactbook nor addressbook functionality. Why
> would I want to ship a libedataserver that contains 1.5 megs of
> functionality that my Camel isn't using? The answer is rather simple: I
> don't want that: so, that's why .. camel-lite-builder, another hack.

As I pointed out before the 1.5M impact is due to statically linking
BDB.  If your target system has BDB, and frankly a huge number of
devices have it, then dynamically link and libedataserver is nearer
100K.

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./