Re: [Evolution-hackers] strtok camel from evolution-data-server

В Чтв, 06/07/2006 в 21:23 +0200, Philip Van Hoof пишет:
> Tinymail depends on Camel. Camel gets shipped with e-d-s. Tinymail
> doesn't use *any* of the other e-d-s softwares, libraries nor its data.

I don't see a problem; you can always split the e-d-s install into
several packages. For RPM this is just about trivial (mind your
dependencies though), and I believe it's the same for deb.
I do such splits, e.g. when individual libraries or plugins in the
installation list have outstanding dependencies.

> Hacks like packaging tricks:
>
> I AM NOT going to require packaging tricks. Packaging tricks are hacks.

Packaging is a normal practice as long as you do it correctly.