[Evolution-hackers] Symptom-fixing for Win32 paths

Hi there Tor,

A little remark about your Win32 porting ...

in mail_component_init somebody (I'm assuming you) did something like
this:

#ifdef G_OS_WIN32
	{
		char *p = priv->base_directory;
		while ((p = strchr(p, '\\')))
			*p++ = '/';
	}
#endif

IMHO this is high level symptom-fixing. Wouldn't it be better to fix
camel in such a way that it accepts Win32 paths with "\" characters?

Maybe tomorrow we'll have an Operating System that doesn't use character
delimited paths in a string (or whatever or however). You'd have to
again duplicate this type of hacks into high level code to cope with
that.

Wouldn't fixing the implementations for camel_session_construct and
camel_mkdir be a better solution?

home: me at pvanhoof dot be
gnome: pvanhoof at gnome dot org
work: vanhoof at x-tend dot be