[Evolution-hackers] Gender ...
- From: michael meeks <michael meeks novell com>
- To: Harish Krishnaswamy <kharish novell com>
- Cc: evolution <evolution-hackers gnome org>
- Subject: [Evolution-hackers] Gender ...
- Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 12:11:20 +0000
At the risk of offending the gender-confused; it would be -extremely-
useful to have a Gender boolean in the evolution addresbook [ of course,
perhaps there is & I'm just missing it but I dug into the code ].
The reason is OO.o will vary it's salutation on gender; ie.
Dear Mrs. Foo
Dear Mr. Foo
etc. - now one can argue whether this is broken etc. but there it
is ;-) the current ergonomics are rather built around this - and, you
can see that such a boolean internationalizes rather nicely.
So - the question is: can we have it ? currently the OO.o mail merge is
rather feeble without it.
michael meeks novell com <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot
] [Thread Prev