Re: [Evolution-hackers] [ANNOUNCE} Evolution 2.9.3 and Evolution-Data-Server 1.9.3 released (with GtkHTML 3.12.3 and Evolution-Exchange-2.9.3)

On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 13:06 +0000, William John Murray wrote:
>    Thanks Davanish,
>                 I am being very stupid. I downloaded 2.3.30 and 2.3.27
> from openldap. Neither seems to have the characters 'ntlm' in the
> code anywhere, and if I try to compile evolution using them it
> says there is no ntlm.
>    I note that the evo-openldap library has a ldap_ntlm_bind  which
> these ones are missing.
>     Any help please?

I've never quite understood why evolution required that extended API in
the first place.  Samba has handled it's own SASL exchange without
hacking OpenLDAP for quite some time (fine as long as your LDAP server
doesn't want data signing...).

That said, if anybody does want some help with understanding how NTLM
over LDAP works, give me a ping.

Andrew Bartlett