Re: [Evolution-hackers] Adding documentation to Evolution's code

On 8/9/06, Matthew Barnes <mbarnes redhat com> wrote:
On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 17:43 +0530, Mayank Jain wrote:
Probably want to stick to a format that GTK-Doc [1] can parse.

For example:

/**
 * function_name:
 * @arg1: description of arg1
 * @arg2: description of arg2
 *
 * Description of function, possibly mentioning @arg1 and @arg2,
 * as well as some other #documented_symbol.
 *
 * Return value: description of the result
 **/

The GTK+ and GLib source code have plenty of good examples.

[1] http://www.gtk.org/gtk-doc/

Matthew... I *think* this documentation is for public functions & what
I want to document is all the functions (public or otherwise) in the
files i'm working on.

Hence, I dont think so, one will ever want to generate gtk-doc for that.

However, sticking to a format, which can be parsed easily by a program
is a good option.
Thanks for the tip :-)

:)
Makuchaku