[Evolution-hackers] Bug in evolution with recurring event exceptions?

I cannot get Evolution to correctly display recurring event exceptions.  At this point, I'd ordinarily think that it's a bug in Evolution, however Evolution correctly display recurring event exceptions using the built-in file backend.  I've taken the bits of code out of the file backend that I thought were applicable and grafted them into my backend but still no love.  Anyone have any thoughts?

Scott