Re: [Evolution-hackers] Problems getting changes

Sushma Rai wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Not very sure, but
> e_book_open() is successful?

if i use e_book_open, it works correctly

> Do you have many address books?

only 3

> Which one is marked as default address book?

the "system" addressbook ("Personal")

i played around with evolution a bit more and i has to be considered
completely broken here.

1. The personal addressbook is not created at all if i add a contact. i
can add a contact but i guess that it gets cached. If i kill the eds the
contact is not written to the harddrive and has disappeared.

2. If i add a new addressbook, the addressbook gets created directly
under addressbooks/local. so lets say i add a book "test1" and another
one "test2", both will have the same content (since it does not get
created in a subfolder)

3. if i add a new addressbook, it immediatly shows a messages that it
could not access addressbook/local (but it is accessible)

Dont know if this has to do with it, but the debian package install
eds-1.4 under /usr/lib/evolution-data-server-1.2. when i start the eds i
get: "Could not open camel provider directory
(/usr/lib/evolution-data-server-1.2/camel-providers): No such file or
directory"

Best Regards,
Armin Bauer