Re: [Evolution-hackers] Evolution Alarm UI

On Mon, 2005-10-10 at 16:08 +0530, Harish Krishnaswamy wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-10-10 at 15:12 +0530, Srinivasa Ragavan wrote:
> > Hey guys,
> <snip>
> > - Alarm Daemon must can start independently,
> How are accounts that require authentication (and whose passwords are
> not remembered)
> handled when evo is not already running ?
It shares the session with evo i guess. At any cost, it wont prompt for
password from tray icon :-). It wouldnt alarm those events,

> > - There will be a option in Evolution to say that whether to start alarm
> > automatically with evolution or not.
> >
> Is this option like -
> 'when-you-launch-evolution-and-find-notify-not-running-start-it'  -
> yes/no ?
> ATM, Evolution users do not have a choice but don't seem to complain
> either.
Yeah. If it runs, this just ignores.
> > - Alarm starts with a tray icon, and has provisions to quit, change
> > configurations. In the configuration gui, the user can select, which
> > calendars, notifications are required. Only for the selected calendars
> > the user will get notifications.
> > http://www.gnomebangalore.org/?q=system/files&file=/preferences_0.png
> >
> Selection as in 'enabled in Evolution calendar' or 'selected for
> notifications' ?
> I do not recall this coming up in our earlier discussions - but if you
> mean the latter, you will
> need a per-ESource notification status bit in gconf and handle the
> authentication problem
> here as well.
Harish, this per esource. it maintains in
evolution/calendar/notify/calendars. This maintains a 1-1 list. When a
new calendar is added, it has to be added by default to this list as
enabled for alarm. Thatz there in the plan as of now.
> > - No more Popup notifications, if libnotify is installed. When the alarm
> > has to be indicated, a desktop notification would be send, stating the
> > subject, location, time (duration).
> >
> > http://www.gnomebangalore.org/?q=system/files&file=/notification_0.png
> >
> I like this very much :-)
> > - In addition to that, when ever there is a alarm, the tray icon, has a
> > blinking '!' in it and the tool tip stating the Subject, time
> > (duration).
> > http://www.gnomebangalore.org/?q=system/files&file=/tooltip_0.png
> >
> > If there are more than one alarm, it says the number of alarms. On click
> > of that, the blink would be gone and the regular popup will appear
> > stating everything.
> >
> > Please feel free to provide your comments. Im eager to include new
> > things into this.
>  Hoping to see the new-look Evolution editor soon as well :-)
Harish, correct it :-). It is new-look Evolution Calendar Event/Task/Meeting Editor.
This may mean something different ;-). Its on the stack. Im revamping the gui
with toolbars, menus, and planning to provide a view functionality as well.
Pro'lly ill post some screenshots next week. Im off for rest of the week.