[Evolution-hackers] Asterisk click to dial EPlugin

Hello you guys out there,

I 'm thinking about tryin' to build a plugin, that creates click to dial
solution for the asterisk PBX system via its magagement interface. I
have written a little perl script that does the job so far.

<code>

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use Net::Telnet ();
use File::Basename;
use CGI qw(:standard);

$mgrUSERNAME = param('user');
$mgrSECRET = param('pass');
$server_ip = param('server');
$callerID = param('callerid');
$exten = param('exten') || "";
$number = param('number') || "";

 $tn = new Net::Telnet (Port => 5038,
                      Prompt => '/.*[\$%#>] $/',
                      Output_record_separator => '',
                      Errmode    => 'return'
                     );
  $tn->open("$server_ip");
  $tn->waitfor('/0\n$/');
  $tn->print("Action: Login\nUsername: $mgrUSERNAME\nSecret: $mgrSECRET
\n\n");
  $tn->waitfor('Message: Authentication accepted');
  $tn->print("Action: originate\n");
  $tn->print("Channel: CAPI/contr1/$number/n");
  $tn->print("Context: default\n");
  $tn->print("Exten: $exten\n");
  $tn->print("Priority: 1\n");
  $tn->print("Callerid: $callerid\n\n");
  $tn->print("Action: Logoff\n\n");

</code>

Now my question is: Is it possible to integrate something like that into
evolution via the eplugin interface. For example a button in the toolbar
that opens a dialog box with all telephone numbers of the selected
contact, so the user can choose the number he wants to dial and
originate the call by pressing a button. The username, password, server
ip, callerid and extension parameters should be configurable in the
settings dialog of evolution. I have read arround a litte in the eplugin
docs and I think this should be not to hard to do. What do you think
about my idea?

Greetings from Germany

Matthias

THIS COMMUNICATION MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR OTHERWISE PROPRIETARY MATERIAL
and is thus for use only by the intended recipient. If you received this in error,
please contact the sender and delete the e-mail and its attachments from all computers.

Diese E-mail ist ausschließlich für den Adressaten bestimmt und kann vertrauliche
Informationen enthalten. Sollten Sie nicht der Adressat dieser Informationen sein,
bitten wir Sie, sich mit dem Absender in Verbindung zu setzen und die Informationen
von Ihrem Rechner zu löschen.