Re: [Evolution-hackers] Sending mails using disabled accounts

On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 13:49 +0530, Parthasarathi Susarla wrote:
> Hey Philip,
> On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 00:38 +0100, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> > It looks like current CVS does not allow sending E-mails uing disabled
> > accounts.
> >
> > I very often disable E-mail accounts to make it possible to choose
> > between multiple of my E-mail addresses.
> >
> > Why is this possibility blocked?
> >
> OK. There are several reasons. Firstly and the most obvious being that
> when an account is disabled you should not be able to 'operate' on the
> account. You can only *save* such mails as draft or send it using
> another account.
>
> And most importantly - the concept of being able to *send* mails using a
> *disabled* account is pretty confusing. So now we just have a message
> asking the user to chose another account to send e-mail.

So how do I solve my situation then? ;-)

I have multiple E-mail accounts that I use for sending. But only a few
real 'mailboxes' for receiving. Some of the E-mail accounts are aliases
to others.

Example: My gnome e-mail address isn't a real e-mail address with a
mailbox attached. It gets delivered to another E-mail address which I
also use. Yet, I'd like to send using my gnome e-mail address in the
>From header.

home: me at pvanhoof dot be
gnome: pvanhoof at gnome dot org
work: vanhoof at x-tend dot be