Re: [Evolution-hackers] Sending mails using disabled accounts

On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 00:38 +0100, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> It looks like current CVS does not allow sending E-mails uing disabled
> accounts.
>
> I very often disable E-mail accounts to make it possible to choose
> between multiple of my E-mail addresses.

you mean - not having them shown up in the mail folders tree ?
How does disabling help you in choosing more easily ?
> Why is this possibility blocked?

It boils down to what one defines 'disabling' an account as.
I guess you mean it as 'I do not want to see the mails in the account
till I <enable> it again but it is available right _there_ for all other
purposes - Sending mails, Draft/Sent Item settings..etc..' - (more in
the narrower sense of 'visibility').

A lot of new users suggested they interpret 'disabling' as
'I do not want anything to do with that account till I <enable> it
again'.
What has been done now is to align the behavior to what it suggests (at
least to the many).

Partha/Shreyas, would you like to shed more light here ?

Harish