Re: [Evolution-hackers] Firefox style search bar in evolution

Evolution behaves the similar way, except the i-search.
I tried i-search on evolution, but it flickers too much becoz of gtkhtml rendering, so i thought of not adding that. If the flicker problem is solved in gtkhtml, probably i can add incremental search.

On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 23:47 -0600, Srinivasa Ragavan wrote:
> I guess that i hides when the click /focus goes out of the bar.. is
> that so?

Yeah, the behavior works like this.  Ctrl-F shows the bar with focus in
the entry.  Typing auto incrementally searchings for the first match.
Once you stop typing you can cycle through successive matches by
pressing enter.  When you click somewhere else and the find bar loses
focus it auto-hides itself.  If you press Ctrl-F again the find bar
reappears with the old text remaining in the entry, but selected so you
could start typing new text without having to select and delete.

You can check out Evince to see how the behavior works if you'd like to
test it out.

http://live.gnome.org/Evince/Downloads

Cheers,
~ Bryan