Re: [Evolution-hackers] Fwd: Anonymous NNTP broken caused by camel-url

actually ignore this, i'll just use the patch we already have.

On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 08:07 +0800, Not Zed wrote:

Can you file a bug on this? (

With 2.2, it should not create the bad uri's - only 2.2 pre-releases did.  I thought i'd tested this, but perhaps it wasn't.

On Fri, 2005-03-11 at 09:06 +0100, Karl Vogel wrote:
(resend.. forgot Reply All... blame gmail :-)

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:10:04 +0800, Not Zed <notzed ximian com> wrote:
>  Are you saying newly created accounts don't work?  The patch was only to
> fix those, it didn' fix ones which were already created wrongly.

Correct. On a new install without any accounts, I was unable to add an
anonymous NNTP account. It keeps on prompting for a password, since
the user field in the camel-url is "" and the nntp provider checks if
user != NULL before prompting for a password.

>  The patch below is no good, camel-url is used everwhere, and a blank uid is
> valid in a uri afaik.

Fair enough.. guess then the nntp provider needs patching to allow for
user = "".
evolution-hackers maillist  -  evolution-hackers lists ximian com