Re: [Evolution-hackers] Fwd: Anonymous NNTP broken caused by camel-url
- From: Karl Vogel <karl vogel gmail com>
- To: Not Zed <notzed ximian com>
- Cc: evolution-hackers lists ximian com
- Subject: Re: [Evolution-hackers] Fwd: Anonymous NNTP broken caused by camel-url
- Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:06:13 +0100
(resend.. forgot Reply All... blame gmail :-)
On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:10:04 +0800, Not Zed <notzed ximian com> wrote:
> Are you saying newly created accounts don't work? The patch was only to
> fix those, it didn' fix ones which were already created wrongly.
Correct. On a new install without any accounts, I was unable to add an
anonymous NNTP account. It keeps on prompting for a password, since
the user field in the camel-url is "" and the nntp provider checks if
user != NULL before prompting for a password.
> The patch below is no good, camel-url is used everwhere, and a blank uid is
> valid in a uri afaik.
Fair enough.. guess then the nntp provider needs patching to allow for
user = "".
] [Thread Prev