Re: [Evolution-hackers] Copyright infringement in alternate calendar code

On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 09:01 -0500, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
> I have no personal opinion about this. but realise that it's already
> public, so I'm not sure it makes any real difference or not at this
> point.

The real difference is the attribution. People can get the code not even
being able to find the copyright holder.

> what other choice do we have? if we can't believe them then we could
> never accept patches.

Then is it OK if some random person from, say, Somalia signs, say,
Solaris's source code to Novell? Will you include the work in Novell's
products?

> afaik, if they sign, then our butts are protected legally.

Is it? Even when you have no longer access to the person?

roozbeh