Re: [Evolution-hackers] Copyright infringement in alternate calendar code

On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 16:31 +0330, Roozbeh Pournader wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 13:21 +0100, Andre Klapper wrote:
> > ...hmm. there can always be infringements of lgpl or gpl. i'd recommend
> > to post follow-ups to those postings
>
> My first email is really a follow-up to the first email, header-wise.
>
> > (i very much dislike the idea of
> > removing messages from an archive).
>
> But what if they are copyright infringements?

I have no personal opinion about this. but realise that it's already
public, so I'm not sure it makes any real difference or not at this
point.

> > people submitting/contributing code to evolution have to send the
> > "novell copyright assingment agreement for open source projects" to
> > novell, also including a paragraph stating that one owns the copyright
> > of one's contributed code.
>
> What if they lie in that? Will Novell/evolution team go and believe
> them?

what other choice do we have? if we can't believe them then we could
never accept patches.

> I thought I would post the note to make sure people know that there is a
> situation here, so: Evolution guys! Think twice before accepting code
> from these people, even if they sign something. They may send you work
> copyrighted by others and get you into trouble.

afaik, if they sign, then our butts are protected legally.

Jeff