Re: [Evolution-hackers] Marcus Bains Line in calendar

I have one suggestion for the patch - the gconf key value should be a boolean, not an int.  It should also have a 'schema' entry.

Other than that, I would probably do the notification listening slightly differently, but that's just me - I'm also not a calender maintainer so have little weight in the matter.

Cheers,
Michael

On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 12:12 +0100, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 22:16 -0500, Thouis (Ray) Jones wrote:

> I'm not familiar with the Evolution development process.  Who do I
> need to convince to accept the patch?

> For what it's worth, I like having the line more and more each day.
> It's made my calendar one of the "always open" windows on my desktop.
> The calendar used to be a list of tasks that happened to be laid out
> according to time.  The main benefit was the 15-minute reminders.
> Now, I have a much better sense of time and the progression of the
> day.

I'd say there's a chance this might get into HEAD. However. I've
understood that at this moment is Evolution trying to stabilize for the
2.2.x release.

Nevertheless I'm sure that your patch will be taken into consideration
for the future releases (2.3, 2.4). But almost certainly not for 2.2
(which I believe will be or is the release for GNOME 2.10.0).

Also note, because you once asked me about this privately, that I'm not
a Evolution maintainer nor take decisions. I'm just a contributor who
has upgraded your patch to HEAD :-).

I do know that if you can make this contribution in the form of an
EPlugin, it might be more easy to get it included with Evolution. I'm
not sure, however, if you can do drawing on the calendaring widget from
within an EPlugin.