Re: [Evolution-hackers] New Menu Layout

> > I should file a bug to get back a feature that I've counted on since day
> > one, and that was apparently removed intentionally?  Why can't you just
> > put back the hide/unhide messages feature?
>
> The new menu items are still buggy.  They seemed to work for a while,
> but now the 2430 messages seem to be permanently hidden.  Neither
> 'View->Show Messages->All' nor 'View->Show Messages->Unread' do
> anything.  Even restarting Evolution does not help.

File a bug (when its up again i guess) and assign it to dobey - by
committing the patches he implicitly agreed to 'taking responsibility'
for the changes that I gave as a condition of him committing them.

> What exactly was the problem with the old behavior again?

Technically it was a bit messy, but it did work afterall.  But mainly
there were some usability issues that people tended not to get at first.
Although if they used it a couple of times they picked it up pretty
easily.  Strange that, expecting human curiosity and self-learning in
this modern age ...