Re: [Evolution-hackers] Problems compiling/running evo 2.3.3

Not Zed writes:
 > Hmm, looks like its fucking up trying to resolve symbols from librarires
 > it isn't explictly linked to.

 > Well I dunno, on suse it works, I guess it does some sort of 'lazy
 > it tries to run them ...

Using -no-undefined and linking explicitly to all the libraries you
actually need might help. Then at least you know you won't be linking
to whatever libraries at run-time "just by luck". This can help keep
the library structure cleaner.

But adding -no-undefined to LDFLAGS for all shared libraries being
built in e-d-s and evo means the current cases of circular
dependencies will bite you, so in general isn't possible currently on
Unix. On Windows (where -no-undefined *must* be used because of the
binary format), the workaround I use is to build a few dummy
"stand-in" import libraries that stand in for those libraries not yet
built but needed at a certain stage in the build process.

--tml