Re: [Evolution-hackers] imap

On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 11:20 +0800, Not Zed wrote:

> Well, derr, something that would be a supported option in 2.2, and
> default perhaps in 2.4.

Well, thats quite a bad breakdown in communication.

> The feature set isn't even the same, apart from it, well, not working,
> i've been wondering for days why imap on my workstation refused to
> connect to wal-3.  And i'm pretty fucking pissed off that i've been
> committing patches to code that is no longer built.

If there is a feature gap, I'd like to know (as would fejj and christine
I'm sure).  The main issue was the mailing list stuff, but fejj fixed
this, at least in the List-Id case (unfortunately by having to use more
than ENVELOPE in the request, I understand he talked to you and found no
other way).

As for it not working... its somewhat reasonable now in the 1.1.4.2 (and
CVS HEAD) release but still has some issues.

Fejj and I discussed re-enabling the old code as imap-old:// or
something earlier this week, thats still a possibility.  A code audit of
the old imap code to look for workarounds that imap4 should take and
build up a test case list would be good as well.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>
Novell, Inc.