Re: [Evolution-hackers] evo 2.1.1 Not seeing attachements

On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 16:39 +0000, William John Murray wrote:
[snip]
>   Thanks Jeff,
>            In the meantime I found a second example, this one hiding a
> ps file and I have to go to Thunderbird to read it.
>   Firstly, this starts to sound like an 'ie'-'firefox' discussion:
> Saying that Evolution respects standards and so doesn't display a
> broken attachment may be true, but it isn't helpful.
>   I quote some sections from the example in front of me:
>
> ..
> ..
>
> ------_=_NextPart_001_01C4F3DF.F2348000
> ..the hidden attachment...
> ------_=_NextPart_001_01C4F3DF.F2348000--
>

> By the way, I tried imap Evolution access to the original 'hidden file'
> and it was still hidden.
>    Could we perhaps have the possibility to display all attachments?
> That would save the furstration, and you are no doubt correct that there
> are instances of 100 attachments which should be hidden. In this case
> 2.1.1 is telling me it exists, but there seems to way to read it bar
> saving the file and using something else to unpick the mime, which
> kind-of negates the point of a nice gui like evolution. In practice I
> have used Thunderbird to read them, which is pretty crazy really...

we have code that *tries* to display any attachment inside a
message/related that isn't "used" by the body, but I guess it got broken
(or for some reason doesn't work in this particular case?).

what I find hilarious is that this message was generated by an Outlook
client and OWA can't even find the attachment :)

Microsoft can't even handle its own brokenness. Lovely :)

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast
Evolution Hacker - Novell, Inc.