Re: [Evolution-hackers] multi-calendaring and multi-sorting

hi ali,

On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 06:25 -0800, Ali Shameli wrote:
> Persian localization in evolution.
>
> We have been working on Evolution code for months.
> Our goal is to add multi calendaring and multi
> language sorting support to Evolution.

i don't know what exactly you mean by multi sorting, could you please
explain that more explicitly?

> We wrote a lightweight library to use multi
> calendaring in systems like Evolution.
> First patch for adding multi calendaring support will
> be sent in near feature.

please send it to this list so it can be discussed/some hackers can
comment on it, that would help you to not code into the wrong
direction. :-)

> There were two suitable solution to add multi language
> sorting:
>
>  * hacking the evolution code, like addressbook module
> in order to display characters (            Non-latin)
> in correct order.
>
>  * using a multi language sort library (which allows
> us to switch between different languages)

for your interest, there have already been a few people (perhaps you
also could contact them to get some information on their impressions)
that have asked this question, please look into the archives:
http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution-hackers/2004-May/003800.html
http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution-hackers/2004-May/003876.html
http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution-hackers/2004-July/004053.html
http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution-hackers/2004-August/004176.html
in the last link rodrigo says that the code needs to get integrated into
libical, evolution's support library for dealing with calendar objects
and their dates, and that there are plans to do a replacement for
libical - so what's the status on this, ximian guys?

good luck (i'd also be happy to see more date systems than the
julian/gregorian calendar supported better in evolution),

andre

--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed!
 http://www.iomc.de