Re: [Evolution-hackers] Re: Information about hacking on Evolution

On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 10:39 +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 08:38 +0800, Not Zed wrote:

> There's an evolution wiki???

yes, http://live.gnome.org/Evolution

I wouldn't mind if somebody took the wiki-source of my mediawiki site and port it to the wiki-engine thats being used on live.gnome.org. It would be nice of course, if there's some mentioning of who originally created the document :p.

Nevertheless I'd like to point out I dislike the wiki-engine on live.gnome.org. It doesn't look very professional and in my humble opinion doesn't have the required set of features which a MediaWiki does have. As an example I like the fact that MediaWiki generates an index at the top of every page.

Perhaps utilising a different stylesheet, or the same as used on a MediaWiki, might make it look a little bit better. I'm guessing that a plugin that creates an index of a page for the wiki engine used on live.gnome.org can be build. So both issue's I'm having with that wiki can be solved (but then again, any issue can be solved. So thats no news).

So if you want to port the document to live.gnome.org, I'd say go for it but .. I'd prefer that a MediaWiki would be used. In any case I give permission to do so.

--
Philip Van Hoof, Software Developer @ Cronos
home: me at freax dot org