[Evolution-hackers] Schema file issues

When looking at 61075 I noticed some inconsistency/issues with our
schema files.  I also looked at how we compared to the "de facto" style
guide in:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2003-July/msg00076.html

Our long descriptions generally end in periods.  Literal values are
sometimes in quotes (but not always, useful tweak since the translators
official guide actually says not to translate those quoted values for
schemas).  The descriptions all begin capitalized, but captalization
after the first word is sometimes inconsistent (mostly we use lower case
after the first word).  We don't match the terminology in the UI in some
cases, mostly it appears to be a legacy thing where we matched the
description to the key name instead (which may or may not match the UI
now).  We use "If" in a couple places and "Whether" in more and for a
lot of booleans we use neither.

So, my original task morphed somewhat and I ended up tidying up the
contacts, calendar and shell schema files (and cropped up some
additional issues below), I started on the mailer but it has more than
the other three combined so I started to get worried about the number of
string changes this might involve total, so I'm CC'ing the gnome-i18n
team as well.

Comments?

There are also some dead keys in some of the files that we only use when
migrating now.  I think removing them from the schema is not an issue,
anyone think otherwise (/apps/evolution/shell/offline/folder_paths is an
example).

There are also 3 autocompletion schema entries in the addressbook schema
file.  I suspect we actually might want these in libedataserverui.  Not
sure where the keys should live (one key is actually dead other than for
migration actually).

Also, unless anyone objects, I'm going to make
evolution-mail.schemas.in.in be consistent with the other schema file
namings in the source tree.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>