Re: [Evolution-hackers] Feedback from Slashdot

On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 15:08 +1100, Martin Sevior wrote:
> I fully agree with with the following two points:
>
> 1. Evolution deletes mail by putting it into a virtual folder and hiding
> the original message in your inbox.

This is not a true statement.  Evolution deletes mail by setting the
IMAP "deleted" flag on the message.  Evolution also adds the optional
ability to hide deleted messages from view if you want, and to have a
virtual folder that can show you all deleted messages if you want.

If you don't want evolution to hide the deleted messages, simply uncheck
the "Hide Deleted Messages" option in the "View" menu.

And if you don't want to see your deleted messages in the "trash"
virtual folder, just don't look there ;)

And if you want to expunge all the deleted messages out of your imap
folder, so you will never see them again, or be able to recover them,
hit <ctrl>-E, or select "Expunge" from the "Folder" menu.

--
Brett Johnson <brett hp com>