[Evolution-hackers] evolution .desktop file and other nuttiness

Hey, all-

I perhaps naively assumed that after Miguel said that the Novell
usability study said that 'Evolution' as a menu entry was totally
broken that this incredibly visible bug would *get fixed* for this
release. It is now too late, of course, but I am wondering why that
didn't happen, and how we can make sure it happens in 2.13? I first
filed this bug several years ago, but apparently it was marked
ximian-confidential so it never made it over to bugzilla.gnome.org.
Should I file it again?

[In a tangential question, when is the usability research you guys did
getting published?]

Also, why does evolution now ask on startup 'do you want this to be
your default client' and answer 'yes' 'no', which is (1) an irritating
question that fixes a problem that would not occur if you'd just
talked to the gnome people to make sure it was the default in the
first place (2) is not in the right button order (3) not phrased in
compliance with the HIG? [It has apparently been in CVS for a couple
months, but evo has been my mail client for four years and this dialog
has never shown up/bothered me until today.] I have to hope there is a
good reason for this, but if not, i'll go ahead and file the bug.

Sorry to be a negative bitch, but... I was really, really disappointed
to see these things today. :/ Hoping we can work to make it better-
Luis