Re: [Evolution-hackers] Adding a new server type... How?

On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 23:53 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
> Calendar (also used for tasks and notes) and Addressbook each use their
> own backend system.  I think you can do it by implementing a CORBA
> interface, or perhaps it has some other layers on top so you implement
> sets of gobject based interfaces.  It has some strange in-built
> asynchronicity in the interfaces too (I didn't write it, but it looks
> strange to me).  I think it has some pluggable backend mechanism - but
> if you use CORBA you just register a new server anyway, so it can always
> use that.  I don't really know much about these though, mail is really
> it for me.

They both have shared object loading backends now. A good reference for
the address book is the vcf backend, which I think is still disabled,
but at least has simple code, as it just uses an on-disk file, and
doesn't do all the libdb stuff. Likewise, the http backend for the
calendar is also very simple, and just does very simple stuff with
libsoup.

-- dobey