Re: [Evolution-hackers] Issues with attachment handling in calendar

Hi Guenther,

  Sorry for the trouble that you had to undergo while debugging this
problem. The current approach was meant to be a temporary hack (as
explained in the TODO comments in e-cal.c) so as not to add an additonal
API (which is the right way, though) and I have not got into cleaning up
that yet :-(.
This is on the top of my lists - and this time, I would make sure I am
talking to you guys while changing things. [ I am still learning :-) ].

>      1. Evolution assumes that the filename of an attachment is
>         "<component-uid>-<mime-filename>". This is a problem when
>         there are two attachments in a component that have the same
>         filename. It would be better to use the attachments CID
>         instead of the UID since those are unique in a message.

I missed this one too - the assumption was validated only with a subset
of backends. I will post a patch to take care of this condition.
Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers,
Harish