Re: [Evolution-hackers] New mail notification applet (updated)

El mié, 06-04-2005 a las 03:37 +0100, Stéphane Konstantaropoulos
escribió:

> This is probably a better way to go anyway, but this means we need
> off-process listeners in order to have any kind of notification, instead
> of doing it within evolution as was done before -> ie beep/sound
> notification. And just add tray icon notification...

Yes, in fact for the first time I hardcode the notification inside
evolution, but some evo hackers think it would be better to have a more
"generic" notification system so third party apps can use the info to
act in consequence, the solution: dbus

So the new mail notification plugin just send dbus messages...

> Anyway, looks promising for sure.

Thanks :)

> Time for some sleep,

Night ;)