Re: [Evolution-hackers] bounties

On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 14:38 +0800, Not Zed wrote:

> Oh that's a pity, bounties were just meant to generate some developer
> interest, not be a process of payment for volunteer work.  I'm not
> sure it was very effective at generating this interest in the
> long-term, so i'm not sure we will be doing too many in the future (I
> could be wrong however, that is only my own opinion).

I have to disagree with this. I personally got interested in developing
Evolution things after doing a bounty (the -save-calendar CSV support).

But then again, perhaps I'm an exception :). I'm unaware of how the
bounties reflected on overall developer interest in Evolutions. (I've
never measured it).

ps. I, personally, want to increase developer interest too. Thats why I
created the http://live.gnome.org/BuildEvolutionFromSource wiki-page. I
also think porting e-d-s to D-BUS might increase both usage of e-d-s on
various GNOME desktop applications and development interest in e-d-s as
a separate application for delivering certain data (like calendars and
contacts) that don't really belongs to GConf (they aren't really
application preferences).

--
Philip Van Hoof, Software Developer @ Cronos
home: me at freax dot org