Re: [Evolution-hackers] bounties

Hi Lee,

Well, many of the mail ones not marked as complete are almost complete or it is just paperwork that they're not.

e.g. mail notification applet is basically done (via dbus stuff)
inling pgp is being worked on (i think)
default mail app is just waiting for copyright assignment forms from beruit
message disposition notification is just waiting for a couple of minor cleanups but is basically done

The message templates would be a nice feature.  It would be interesting if it could be done as a plugin - i.e. first a plugin hook needs to be written to give access to the editor at the right time, etc, then the plugin to actually implement it.  It *may* be possible to do this using the existing hooks, certainly a first-cut should be able to get at least something working for this, even if it isn't ideal.

It would be good to see if the plugin system is flexible enough to do it for a start, and then it would probably be a good place to look at lots of mailer-related code to do it.

If you have other interesting ideas they may be worth looking into too.  e.g. a backup tool would be nice, that exported all data into a versioned format/file, that could later be imported into this or other versions of evolution.  Some people have looked at various incarnations of this, but they mostly rely on nothing more than tarring up the files so far, or they don't backup configuration data.  There are many other possibilities I am sure.

Cheers & good luck,
Michael

On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 16:37 -0500, Lee Revell wrote:
On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 16:25 -0500, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
> that one has already been done

This is why I ask, because it's not marked as such on the web site.

Let me rephrase the question: which ones do you recommend I look at?

Lee