Re: per-folder options (was: Re: [Evolution-hackers] Mail VPaned vs. HPaned)

> > > This isn't that hard to do fwiw.
> >
> > Probably -- but the hard part will be to come up with a polished UI to
> > set per-folder options.
>
> It doesn't have to be that polished imo.

Anything more user visible than the current folder Properties should be
polished, IMHO.

However, that dialog looks way more nice in current devel versions than
it used to be in any previous version. :)

> > > ??? what do you mean?
> >
> > This settings are available by the menu currently. Which is somewhat
> > confusing, cause they really are per-folder options.
> >
> > So if we ever get per-folder settings implemented with a proper UI,
> > those should get in there.
>
> Not sure i agree.  the menu's are easy to get to and can be bound to
> keys.  A folder properties window (which we already have) can't be
> bound to keys.

Right, it's nice to have those easily accessible as they are. Anyway, as
they are per-folder options they belong to that UI, too, if we ever get
a more featureful per-folder Properties.

> > > ??? whats this got to do with it?
> > >
> > > You mean select which folders to check for spam?  You want to filter
> > > on all folders?
> >
> > Actually... Yup, I want to. :)
>
> But thats dumb.  If you're already getting mail in different folders
> it means you're doing server-side filtering.  Thats where it belongs.

Sure that's dumb, but the only way of assigning Labels.

> > However, my only use case for filtering on all (nope, just a few ones)
> > folders would be assigning labels. Cause labels are stored locally
> > rather than on the IMAP server, I cannot assign them by server
> > filtering.
> >
> > Anyway, just a quick thought, though. I am totally aware that this will
> > cost a lot of resources (bandwidth and CPU) -- and the best solution
> > would be to store labels on the IMAP server, if supported.

Please see the above again. The feature I really want is IMAP server-
side Labels.

...guenther