Re: [Evolution-hackers] calendar EPlugin plans

On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 10:02 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 10:36 -0400, JP Rosevear wrote:

> > > It sounds like what ought to happen is a separation of source type from
> > > the source groups.
> >
> > Yes, that is my thought as well.
>
> Strange, I thought that was the entire point of allof the new code in
> 2.0, i.e. ESource vs ShellFolder or whatever it was.

It was, the main issue here is that the "group" contains the base uri
and the "source" the relative bit.  This makes a number of things
awkward.  The entire source list should still be associated with a type,
ie "calendars" or "tasks" and the source should be associated with a
particular uri type (for the backends like "webcal") and the groups
should be come just organizing structures for the sources so the user
can re-arrange them.  Not sure how viable this is for 2.2 though.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>
Novell, Inc.