[Evolution-hackers] Re: Format Hook Target

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 09:08 +0800, Not Zed wrote:

> All targets are transient.

Transient was a poor choice of words, I was expecting the target to be
valid while the message was being displayed (like the config target is
alive during data entry and such).

> You can only get them off the base EPopop/etc object or from an
> argument passed in.
>
> But what are you trying to access?  Of course the stream simply no
> longer exists at that point, or at least cannot be used, but the
> format, part and item will exist.  The part and format will be in the
> puri anyway.  Any other data you need to copy.

Yes, it ends up I can get the info I need from the PURI anyhow.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>
Novell, Inc.