Re: [Evolution-hackers] Removing libgnome from e-d-s

On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 13:28 +0000, Ross Burton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yesterday I noticed that e-d-s is linking to libgnome.  It uses it for:
>
> * _() macros (now in glib)
> * g_file_exists (now in glib)
> * GNOME_CLASS_BOILERPLATE (now in gobject)
> * GnomeProgram (useless in all but one case)
>
> A patch removing the majority of the libgnome use is attached to #69878
> [1], once I've cleaned up the final use of GnomeProgram libgnome can be
> removed totally.
>
> It's always nice when a non-UI daemon doesn't link to libgnome, libesd
> and libaudiofile...

as Gerardo pointed out on the bug, please send your patch to
evolution-patches lists ximian com  Also, it would be nice if you could
include all missing things in the new patch you send, so that we can
completely remove the libgnome dependency.
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo novell com>