[Evolution-hackers] Integration of ximian-connector-setup with mail configuration for Exchange connector

Hi All,

I am looking at a requirement of integrating
ximian-connector-setup, tool used for setting up
exchange account, with the evolution mail configuration.

ximian-connector-setup reads Outlook web access (OWA) URL,
user name and password, and then auto detects global catalog
server, user name, user e-mail IDs.

Integrating this into evolution mail configuration,
requires the server type to be asked first, and this
change would be common to all types of accounts.

I have attached 2 images, which are just the prototypes,
which show how the druid would look like. I have not
taken care of any usability guidelines such as padding,
accelerators, separators, font size, alignments etc.

In the mail configuration druid, the "Identity" page will
have a server type to be selected (as currently in
"Receiving Email" page).
On selecting "Microsoft Exchange" as the server type,
the page would look like attached image-1 (identity.png).

If user chooses any other server type, the page would look
same as now, with the "Full Name" , "Email Address" fields,
and "the optional information" section.

The 3rd page "Receiving Email" is  not needed for
exchange server, because the host name, security settings etc.
are determined using OWA url. For all other server types,
this page would have only "Configuration", "Security" and
"Authentication type" sections.

The "Receiving options" page, would be the 3rd page for
Exchange server type, and would remain as the 4th page
for other server types.
And for exchange server type, "Receiving options" page
would have only "Checking for New Mail" and
"GAL/Active Directory" sections as in the image-2 (recv-options.png)

The 5th page "Sending Email" is again not needed for exchange sever
type and for all other server types, it would remain the same.

There will not be any changes in the remaining last 2 pages.

These are going to be the mail configuration interface changes.

We need to have some mechanism to specify the sequence of the pages a
provider needs in the druid. I am thinking of implementing this in a
manner, how overwriting the labels are done as of now, by having a
CamelProviderConfEntry array while registering the providers.
This is the idea I am having and I've not yet sure how feasible it is.

If any of you have any comments/suggestions about the interface changes
or the approach, please let me know.

Thnaks,
Sushma.