Re: [Evolution-hackers] Valgrinding e-d-s

On Tue, 2004-11-23 at 15:18 -0600, Hans Petter Jansson wrote:
> As NotZed points out, --alignment=8. Apart from that, I wouldn't know,
> since I haven't valground e-d-s in a while. I see some oddness when
> running valgrind on the evolution binary proper, and I think it's
> related to unsupported threading features. The addressbook code in e-d-s
> is heavily dependent on threads.
>
> By the way, which versions of valgrind/e-d-s are these?

--alignment=8 is the default in valgrind now, so this wasn't the
problem.  I'm using valgrind 2.2.0 (current Debian sid packages), and
e-d-s from CVS HEAD.

Probably is the (lack of) threading support in valgrind... oh well.

Any idea why if I run e-d-s inside memprof, it doesn't appear to
register itself with bonobo?  If I then start an e-d-s using application
(say test-ebook), a new e-d-s is started.  Very strange...

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./