[Evolution-hackers] .mailfilter and/or Sieve support. And .spamassassin/user_prefs on server

Hi there,

I use Evolution mainly to read IMAP stores (courrier-imapd) which I fill
with postfix. I also have spamassassin installed on my server.

Not many normal/sane users can enjoy such a powerfull E-mail solution.
However, I am assuming that sooner or later, providers are going to make
such configurations available for normal people to.

Therefor to me it sounds important for Evolution to start having some
basic support for them.

To have a more complete end-user experience with Evolution versus my
current server configuration, the following new features would enjoy me:

o. A userinterface to configure my .mailfilter file

o. Or for the users who (are forced to) use Sieve, support for Sieve

o. Popupmenu's which will add detected mailinglists to this .mailfilter-
file. I organise my mailinglist-Emails automatically on the server in
subfolders of my Maildir/

server:~$ ls -alh Maildir/.GNOME.Apps.Evolution
.GNOME.Apps.Evolution          .GNOME.Apps.Evolution.Hackers  .GNOME.Apps.Evolution.Patches
server:~$

server:~$ cat ~/.mailfilter
if (/^List-Id:.*evolution-patches\.lists\.ximian\.com.*/ )
	{ to "$HOME/Maildir/.GNOME.Apps.Evolution.Patches/" }
if (/^List-Id:.*evolution-hackers\.lists\.ximian\.com.*/ )
	{ to "$HOME/Maildir/.GNOME.Apps.Evolution.Hackers/" }

o. A userinterface to configure my .spamassassin/user_prefs file
server:~$

My question is: What are the longterm plans for support for such
features? The idea of implementing them using the new Evolution-plugins
has come into my poor brains. Therefor I ask about this first.

--
Philip Van Hoof, Software Developer @ Cronos
home: me at freax dot org