[Evolution-hackers] Evolution's new website
- From: Garrett LeSage <garrett ximian com>
- To: Evolution Hackers <evolution-hackers ximian com>
- Subject: [Evolution-hackers] Evolution's new website
- Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 14:39:18 -0500
I've been working on making a new Web site for Evolution. The current
one is pretty old and outdated.
I designed a new template and reorganized the content. I also
drastically cleaned up the html and added (and accumulated) additional
The target audience is for users first (the "above the fold" area of the
landing page), but it should feature a very strong developer presence on
the website as well. In other words, it should be useful as well as
New website preview:
It's not finished yet, but I figured that it's solidifying at this point
and I wanted to make it available for feedback (as well as contributions
from volunteers for some great content).
* Improve the featurelist / highlighted features
* Possibly some additional useful screenshots (running in a sane
theme, such as Industrial)
* Expand the developer section and make it more useful
* Further thought about what should go on the front page
* Position certain elements as important; have "ads" for bud days,
* Somehow link in the codeblog a bit more -- some sort of newsitem
feed (a display of the RSS) would be nice.
* Work on pushing EPlugin more -- a list of recent plugins, links
to external plugin sites, etc.?
So what do you all think of the site so far?
[Date Prev][Date Next
] [Thread Prev][Thread Next