Re: [Evolution-hackers] compression for folders?

Fair enough.  So as I understand from you, the incremental 'big steps'
would be:

- archiving support
- compressed archiving support
- compressed support for the rest of the system

.. and at any step it should be evaluated if the next step is necessary,
etc..

I'll buy that.  I may just invest some of my time into helping the above
happen, as I'm an unhappy camper at the available solutions to read
compressed mail folders.  I've intended to write some kindof mail app
that reads a database for message sorting (vfolders more or less does
this for me) and a mail app that compresses older mail but still makes
it available for sorting/reading.  Instead of re-inventing the wheel, it
would be nice to polish an existing one, and to that end this is why I
have switched from mutt to evolution as my primary mail program.  I only
hope I can make use of my spurts of free time, instead of writing here
and bothering everyone here, and disappearing...

--
Todd Fries .. todd fries net

|                                             \  1.636.410.0632 (voice)
| Free Daemon Consulting, LLC                 \  1.405.227.9094 (voice)
| http://FreeDaemonConsulting.com             \  1.866.792.3418 (FAX)
| "..in support of free software solutions."  \  1.700.227.9094 (IAXTEL)
|                                             \          250797 (FWD)

              37E7 D3EB 74D0 8D66 A68D  B866 0326 204E 3F42 004A
                        http://todd.fries.net/pgp.txt