Re: [Evolution-hackers] Re: component selection from menus was Re: [evolution-patches] 57653 & 57654 : toolbar and sidebar visibility

This is kind of sweet.

Although the "Window" toplevel menu looks odd.  Maybe it should be a submenu of view?  Otherwise you're going to have to put more there, like "New Window" from the File menu.  And I guess even things to do with the current window, like hide sidebar, etc might also have to go there.  I guess it depends on what the HIG says about it.

Should we also have accelerators, like alt-f1/f2/etc to switch between them?

Otherwise looks good to me, and something like this is necessary before we go hiding the sidebar.  I guess its just up to product design to comment.

On your other patch, how does it handle multiple open windows, does each mirror the current setting, or just use it as a default when opening?

Michael